Wailua River Kayak & Waterfall Hike
Rainbow Kayak Tours
Monday to Saturday - 7am & 12:30pm
"Da Kine" Kayak Tour
Aloha! Welcome to the Wailua River’s most “da kine” tour. Paddle the majestic Wailua River, original home of the first Hawaiians, who paddled 1500 miles from the Marquesas Islands to Kaua`i almost 1500 years ago. Hear the legends and learn about the flora and fauna of Kauai`s most sacred area. After paddling past numerous Heiaus along the cliff lines of the Wailua, you will reach Kamokila village, a replica of an ancient Hawaiian village and traditionally a sacred fishing and farming area. Soon you will come to the North Fork where you will paddle leisurely through the Garden Isle’s most beautiful jungle river until you come to the trail head for Secret Falls. Enjoy a moderate hike through Kauai rainforest to an enchanting waterfall, which descends 120′ into a natural pool surrounded by rocks and vegetation. Inclement weather rarely stops this fantastic journey!
The 4.5-5 hour trip includes lunch. Eat Hawaiian style after choosing ham, turkey, roast beef or vegetarian sandwiches plus fresh pineapple, chips, cookies & bottled water.
Your expert Kauai guide can also answer many other questions about our beautiful island.
Rainbow Kayak is devoted to making your time with us the most interesting and fun of all the activities available on our beautiful island. Of course, we have a head start….. We have the Wailua River. It’s a good idea to book your trip with us in advance of arrival. We only take 12 people in the morning and 12 in the afternoon – 6 days per week.
**There are no Wailua River guided tours allowed on Sundays.
We offer a 4-1/2 hour kayaking and hiking adventure suitable for ages 5 to 75.
It’s an adventure suitable for the entire family, as well as a single guest.
Join us & paddle along Kauai’s most beautiful jungle river until you come to the trail head for the hike to enchanting Secret Falls – an 120 foot fall that descends into a picturesque pool!
- Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition. Expect about 4 miles of paddling and just over one mile of hiking. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
- No bad backs, knees, ankles or recent surgeries.
- Must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
Tours go out rain or shine. In the event of extreme inclement weather tours will be re-scheduled.
What to Bring
- Comfortable shoes (hiking boots or sandals -Tevas, water shoes – tabis, tennis or running shoes).
- Light comfortable clothing.
- Wear a swimsuit under your clothing.
- Bring towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and rain gear.
- All visitors should carry an extra bottle of water while on the island.
- You may wish to bring an extra set of clothes to leave in our van.
- Bring the camera and your sense of adventure !! Don’t forget extra film (each kayak has a watertight compartment).
- Kayak and paddles, all equipment and accessories, dry storage & dry bags on boat for cameras and personal things.
- Backpack use.
- Personal Flotation Devices.
- A delicious picnic lunch. Customers may choose turkey, ham, or vegetarian sandwich. Beverages are provided.
To protect both of you, we cannot accept bookings for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour.
Toll Free 1-866-826-2505
On Kauai 1-808-826-2505
From the North
South on Hwy 56 through Kapaa 1/2 mile past McDonalds in Foodland Center to Coconut Marketplace. Turn left just before the Marketplace at Aleka Place. Go behind the Marketplace, following Aleka Place to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Resort Quest Islander on the Beach.